Are you passionate about building user interfaces which solve your users’ problems? Do you enjoy working with peers to build something bigger than yourself? Are you looking for a place where you can make an impact in the world?
Who are we?
30MHz is an Amsterdam technology scale-up that builds both hardware and software with and for the horticultural sector. We believe that with technology and data, organizations of all sizes can innovate to become more efficient, sustainable and cost-effective.
We offer a central platform for every stakeholder in the agricultural sector. Growers, advisors, distributors, and researchers gain full insight into the climatic conditions of horticultural and agricultural produce. Our data platform ingests data from different sources and analyses information interactively, enabling users to continuously improve the production process of crops, plants, seeds, and bulbs.
We believe we can make a difference and contribute to solving the food production problem in the world, with technology and people. We digitalize existing crop growing knowledge and use data science and machine learning to get new insights and optimize current practices.
What are you going to do?
As a frontend engineer, you will be part of a team who builds the user interface for the new way of crop growing. 30MHz provides their users, mainly horticultural growers, with a sophisticated web application with which they can build their own dashboards and analyze the conditions of their crop and environment.
One of our next challenges is to enable the development of applications and plug-ins on top of our web application, and you will be an integral part of this, as well as in building and improving our dashboarding application.
Our Engineering team currently has 12 members, of which 6 persons are part of the Software/Platform team. Over time you will grow towards a technical leader position and have your own team that you will be responsible for.
- You will be working with UX designers and fellow developers to design and build compelling, user-friendly applications.
- You will evaluate, specify and estimate requirements, and communicate with the product owner about these.
- You will collaborate with the other engineers to find solutions to architectural, performance or availability challenges.
- You will make technical decisions taking into account the business goals and priorities.
- You will help mentor software engineers who are less experienced, by training them in their work and giving explanations, guidance and feedback when needed.
Who are you?
For this position it is important that you have the following qualifications:
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar studies, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience building web applications using frameworks like Angular, React or Vue
- Experience leading technical projects, and mentoring others in your team.
- Experience with code reviews, source control management, build processes and automated testing.
- You can communicate technical ideas in a simple way and work with colleagues from different departments.
- Good English, spoken and written
It’s a plus:
- You have experience with other programming languages, working on backend systems or on operations.
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with AWS
- Experience building APIs and SDKs to be used by other developers
What we offer
- Opportunities to grow with the company.
- Flexible working hours within a contract between 24 and 40 hours per week
- A smart, diverse and ambitious team tackling one of the biggest issues we face as humans: sustainable food production
- A culture in which we are productive with as few meetings as possible
- A competitive salary
- A fun and relaxed working environment
- 25 vacation days
- During the period that the corona measures apply, it is possible to both work from home and from the office.
Interested? Send your motivation letter with CV & Portfolio by email to Tina Anema via firstname.lastname@example.org, Make sure to mention ‘’Vacancy Senior Frontend Engineer” in the subject line. You will receive a response within two weeks, after which you will be invited for an initialling (phone) screening and a 1st and 2nd interview (online or with us at the office).
Questions? You can also use the above contact details for this.